The pictures behind the quotes

There are a lot of things I could say about last weekend's convention, but I just don't feel any of my stories would do it justice. It's something I look forward to every year, and yet it's just as much about the people I see as it is what we do. So here are some pictures of the people (or some of them, at least) who made Convention 2005 such a good time.


I was so excited to see my friend Karen, whom I hadn't seen in almost a year. She gives awesome hugs, and I am selfishly excited that she is moving back to Dallas soon.


Because this year's convention celebrated our 90th anniversary, the staff dressed up in costumes that went with the different decades of our existence.


I was so glad to see Josh, one of my former partners in crime! (And no, we didn't plan to match.)


But even better than seeing Josh was seeing Josh dance. Some of the Southwest girls decided that Josh (and other guys and girls that evening) should be "the pole"...it always took a second for people to realize what was happening, but as soon as they did, they were highly amused.


Then there was Dan...who has a real-life fiancee, but somehow wound up with a wife, a mistress, a concubine and a whore in Atlanta.


And this last photo, while not of a person, is one that I love...I tend to be amused by the small things, and in Atlanta, one of those things was the view from my hotel room on the 63rd floor. I got to see the sunrise in the morning and the sunset in the evening, and laugh at all the people stuck in rush hour traffic whose lights made a pretty string on the highway.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm glad I'm coming home too. A little. I mean aside from Jeff and all. I miss you!!
Dan said…
SO stealing that picture!! It's excellent! (and I fail to see the problem with my Atlanta harem, everyone should have one)
Anonymous said…
Hey, who's that dorky chick in the glasses in that harem picture?! hehe. Great pictures, I love the one of the Southwest girls dancing on the "pole!"

Popular Posts