The part of my job I would gladly give up...

If there's one thing I've always hated about working with initiates or prospective members in my fraternity, it's having to tell someone bad news...that they were not invited to continue in the initiation program, that they were not selected for induction, and so on. This morning, I had to call the students in my colony at EKU who didn't pass the National Exam. Bleh!! On top of everything else they're dealing with at this point in the semester, such as finals and in one case pneumonia, they have me calling them with bad news.

But I will say this - they are such good sports! They're all planning to re-take it, and nobody seemed too bothered by it...at least not on the phone with me. So kudos to them for stepping back up to the plate...it doesn't make me feel any better about delivering the bad news, but it does make me proud of them.

Comments

Popular Posts