"I want the fairy tale."

(A round of applause to those who can name the quoted movie...it's really not that difficult!)

Now that I'm single again, I find myself thinking a lot about what I want - out of life, out of love - and I've come to the conclusion that I have ridiculously high standards. I don't just want a great guy, and a sweet story...no, not me. I want Prince Charming, and the whole crazy fairy tale. But even more than the grandness and the swept-off-my-feet of it all, I want the simple comfort of sharing day-to-day life with someone. Perhaps these thoughts from my journal say it best:

"All I want is to be loved again...but not just any love...the kind of love you only find when you're wrapped in someone's arms, knowing you will always remember how beautiful and comfortable and sincerely happy you feel in that one moment...the love that comes in sharing the idea of a future...the love of two hearts with one dream: to be happy, to face the road ahead together, to know that, no matter what, life will be okay, because you have each other."

Is that too much to ask? I didn't use to think so...I used to think it was the simplest part of love...but now I can't help but wonder how rare and precious that might be.

Where I am: Lebanon, KY
What I'm reading: Motherless Brooklyn by Jonathan Lethem

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's Pretty Woman, isn't it?

Popular Posts