That was helpful

So has anybody ever actually read the error pages that you sometimes get when you're surfing around on the internet? You know, the "Page Not Available" and so on? If not, you really should. Because, sometimes, they're rather amusing.

For example, last week, I was trying to access a technical support website to look for some information. So I type in www.sitename.com , and end up with this:

"You are not authorized to view this page...
...If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page,
please try to contact the website by using any email address or
phone number that may be listed on the www.sitename.com home page."

Is that the perfect scheme, or what?! "Oh, we're sorry, you don't have permission to look at our website. But if you would like to request permission, you can get in touch with us using the contact information available...on our website."

Makes me wonder - does anyone ever proofread those notices before they post them?

Where I'm at: Home
What I'm reading: The Lobster Chronicles by Linda Greenlaw

Comments

Anonymous said…
You should contact them just for the funny part of "seeing" their faces when they realize how stupid their error page was. I totally would. Assuming I could find a number or e-mail address at which to contact them.

Popular Posts