100 Things to Know About Me: 61 - 70

61. I make really good sweet iced tea. I may not be from the South, but I quickly developed a taste for homemade tea, and during the summer, almost always have a pitcher in the fridge.

62. I have cute toes. They’re my one body part that I always love. They’re especially cute during the summer when they’re browned by the sun.

63. I firmly believe that everything in life has a purpose. Each moment, good or bad, has a place in the grander scheme of things. We may not always see what lies down the road, but we just have to have faith that the destination is worth the curves and bumps along the way.

64. That person that always has a camera, and is always taking pictures everywhere she goes? Yeah, that’s me. I love having photos of the events in my life, however small they might be.

65. When I was considering graduate schools, I also considered joining the Peace Corps. Then I met my husband-to-be, and two years in a foreign country didn’t seem like such a good idea. But the concept still appeals to me.

66. When it comes to picking a side in the barbeque debate, I can say hands-down that Texas beef brisket is by far the most delicious! I’ll admit that other barbeque (such as Carolina pork) can be good, but it doesn’t stand a chance against the yummy Texas kind.

67. I drive a truck. I have since high school, and probably always will. There’s something very practical and functional about owning a truck that I find very appealing.

68. My favorite musician is Faith Hill. I relate to and respond to her music in a way that I don’t to anyone else’s, and I deeply admire the grace and poise she brings to being a woman.

69. Whenever I sleep alone, I sleep with my teddy bear. His name is Chris, and I don’t feel comfortable falling to sleep without him in my arms.

70. I believe that the little things in life matter, maybe more than the big ones. There is joy and laughter all around us, if we only take the time to see and appreciate it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Okay, the next time I see you, you have to make some sweet tea! And sleeping with stuffed animals is definitely comforting :-)

Popular Posts