I (heart) the Parade of Nations!

So I'm watching the Miss Universe pageant tonight...and had to share my preliminary comments. The Parade of Nations, where each woman wears fabulous, over-the-top costumes representative of her home country, is my absolute favorite part of this pageant...we're talking amazing creativity and beautiful designs here. Well, not so many years ago, this was the primary introduction of all of the contestants involved this parade, so you got to see all 80-something women step to the microphone in their national costumes to introduce themselves. But now, that primary introduction is a video of the women introducing themselves while modeling cocktail dresses by the designer of the night. The Parade of Nations? It's been reduced to a one-minute bit with cameras scattered through the array of women as they move around on the stage. This stunning cultural display is slowly disappearing. How disappointing...

Where I am: Home
What I'm reading: Airframe by Michael Crichton

Comments

Popular Posts