Well-rounded or just eclectic?

I admit it...when it comes to my taste in books and movies, there is no pattern. I am just as likely to read or see a serious drama as a predictable chick flick. My bookshelves and movie collection are quite an assortment (especially when you throw in Steven's books and films). Don't believe me? Here's what I just picked up at the library:

Books: The Bourne Ultimatum, Illiberal Education, Bridget Jones' Diary, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, Valley of the Dolls, Fast Food Nation, and Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events book 1.

Movies: Double Jeopardy, Pieces of April, and Saving Private Ryan. (and yes, Saving Private Ryan is for me, not Steven. Matt Damon is cute, and I really like Tom Hanks.)

Eclectic? Sure. But you know what I like so much about having such undefinable tastes? I get to have more interesting conversations with a bigger crowd of people. Of course, there's also the part about having very undefined or unstructured views and beliefs because of the exposure to so many different ideas, but we'll leave that for another day. Until then, happy reading and movie-watching to me!

Comments

Popular Posts