"Put on my blue suede shoes and I boarded the plane..."

Well, I might leave the non-existent blue suede shoes at home, seeing that it's pouring down rain in Houston, but I am so looking forward to boarding the plane and going "walking in Memphis" this afternoon for my fraternity's convention. Now, the event doesn't actually start until Friday afternoon; but the staff will be arriving Thursday afternoon to prepare and plan. Except for the consultants. We decided to fly in Wednesday evening and spend Thursday sightseeing and enjoying each other's company.

See, one of the unexpected benefits of my job is getting to work with three amazing people with whom I always have a great time. It doesn't matter if we're at work, on email or on the phone...our senses of humor blend like a good coffee. (okay, bad analogy, but you get the point.) We all enjoy traveling, sightseeing and the like, so what better way to relax before convention than going to the sight of all sights in Tennessee: Graceland. But more than anything, I'm looking forward to the time together, and sharing what I'm sure will be numerous stories and anecdotes from our work this semester. Nobody else will understand the joys and frustrations that go with the job but these three people.

So Beale Street, here we come...

Comments

Popular Posts